Department of Public Health Sciences
- Leigh JP, Du J, McCurdy, SA. (2014). An estimate of the US government's undercount of nonfatal occupational injuries and illnesses in agriculture. Annals of Epidemiology, 24(4):254-259.
NPR Coverage: http://wbaa.org/post/injuries-farm-happen-much-more-often-were-told
- Leigh JP, Markis CA, Iosif AM, Romano PS. (2014). California's nurse-to-patient ratio law and occupational injury. Springer Link
- Leigh JP, Du J. (2012). Are low wages risk factors for hypertension? European Journal Public Health, Jan 18:[Epub ahead of print].
- Leigh JP, Tancredi D, Jerant A, et al. (2012). Lifetime Earnings for Physicians Across Specialties. Medical Care, 50(12):1093-1101.
- Leigh JP, Marcin JP. (2012). Workers' Compensation Benefits and Shifting Costs for Occupational Injury and Illness . Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 54(4):445-450.
- Leigh JP. (2012). Numbers and Costs of Occupational Injury
and Illness in Low-Wage Occupations. Defending Science
- Leigh JP. (2011). Economic burden of occupational injury and illness in the United States. Milbank Q, Dec;89(4):728-72.
Sacramento NPR Interview
- Bhushan A, Leigh JP. (2011). National trends in occupational injuries before and after 1992 and predictors of workers' compensation costs. Public Health Rep, Sep-Oct; 126(5):625-34.
- Kim D, Leigh JP. (2011). Are Meals at Full-Service and Fast-Food Restaurants 'Normal' or 'Inferior'? Popul Health Manag, Dec;14(6):307-15.
Sacramento NPR Interview
- Leigh JP, Tancredi D, Jerant A, Kravitz RL. (2011). Annual work hours across physician specialties. Arch Intern Med, Jul 11;171(13):1211-3.
- Kim D, Leigh JP. (2010). Estimating the Effects of Wages on Obesity. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 52(5):495-500.
- Leigh JP, Tancredi D, Jerant A, Kravitz RL . (2010). Physician wages across specialties: informing the physician reimbursement debate. Arch Intern Med, 170(19):1728-34.
- Shapiro S, Ruttenberg R, Leigh JP . (2009). The social costs of dangerous products: An empirical investigation. Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy, 18(3):775-830.
- Leigh, JP, Geraghty, EM. (2008). High gasoline prices and mortality from motor vehicle crashes and air pollution. J Occup Environ Med, Mar;50(3):249-54.
- Leigh JP, White RH. (2007). An economic model of adverse events and costs for oral anticoagulants used for atrial fibrillation. Curr Med Res Opin, Sep;23(9):2071-81.
- Leigh JP, McCurdy SA. (2006). Differences in workers' compensation disability and impairment ratings under old and new California law.
. J Occup Environ Med., 48(4):419-425.
- Leigh JP, Marcin JP, Miller TR. (2004). An estimate of the U.S. Government's undercount of nonfatal occupational injuries. J Occup Environ Med, 46(1):10-18.
- Leigh JP, Schembri M. (2004). Instrumental variables technique: cigarette price provided better estimate of effects of smoking on SF-12
. J. Clinical Epidemiology, 57(3):284-293.
- Leigh JP, Robbins JA. (2004). Occupational disease and workers' compensation: coverage, costs, and consequences. Milbank Q. , 82(4):689-721.
- Leigh, JP, Kravitz, RL, Schembri, M, Samuels, SJ and Mobley, S. (2002). Physician career satisfaction across specialties. Arch Intern Med, 162(14):1577-84.
- Leigh, JP, Markowitz, SB., Fahs, M ,Shin, C and Landrigan, PJ . (1997). Occupational injury and illness in the United States. Estimates of costs, morbidity, and mortality. Arch Intern Med, 157(14):1557-1568.
- Leigh, JP. (1995). Compensating Wages, Value of a Statistical Life, and Interindustry Differentials. J.Environ.Econ.Manage., 28(1):83-97.
- Leigh, JP, Fries, JF. (1991). Occupation, income, and education as independent covariates of arthritis in four national probability samples. Arthritis Rheum, 34(8):984-995.
- Berger, MC, Leigh, JP. (1989). Schooling, Self-selection, and Health. J. Human Resour., 24(3):433-455.
- Leigh, JP. (1986). Accounting for Tastes - Correlates of Risk and Time-preferences. J. Post Keynes. Econ., 9(1):17-31.
- Leigh, JP. (1983). Direct and indirect effects of education on health. Soc Sci Med, 17(4):227-234.