Chin-Shang Li, PhD
Department of Public Health Sciences
Division of Biostatistics
MS1C Room 145
University of California, Davis
Davis, California 95616
Phone: (916) 703-9172 (O) (Tu - Th); (530) 754-9036 (O) (M and F)
FAX: (916) 703-9124 (O) (Tu - Th); (530) 754-6793 (O) (M and F)
BS - National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, R.O.C. (1984)
MS - National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, R.O.C. (1986)
PhD - Texas A&M University (1997)
December 1, 2007 - June 30, 2011 - Associate Professor, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis
June 26, 2006 – Nov. 27, 2007 - Associate Member, Department of Biostatistics, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
July 1, 2001 - June 25, 2006 - Assistant Member, Department of Biostatistics, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
Nov. 2001 -- Nov. 27, 2007 - Adjunct Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Lack-of-fit tests
- Cure models (including survival analysis)
- Semiparametric and nonparametric regression
- Generalized linear models
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Large sample theory
- Seyal, M., and Bateman, L, and Li, C.S. (2012). Impact of periictal interventions on respiratory dysfunction, postictal EEG suppression and postictal immobility. Epilepsia, in press
- Moreland, C.J., Kravitz, R.L., Paterniti, D.A., Li, C.S., Lin, T.C., and White R.H. (2012). Meeting performance standards for anticoagulation education: what should be taught? The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, in press
- Li, C.S. (2012). Score tests for semiparametric zero-inflated Poisson models. International Journal of Statistics and Probability, in press
- Li, C.S. (2012). A partially linear model with its applications. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation in press
- Baker, A.C., Chew, V., Li, C.S., Lin, T.C., Dawson, D.L., Pevec, W.C., and Hedayati, N. (2012). Application of duplex ultrasound in determining in-stent stenosis during surveillance after mesenteric artery revascularization. Journal of Vascular Surgery, in press
- Li, C.S. (2012). Lack-of-fit tests for generalized linear models via splines. Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, 41:4240-4250
- Hu, S.R., Li, C.S., and Lee, C.K. (2012). Model crash frequency at highway-railroad grade crossings using negative binomial regression. Journal of the Chinese Institute of Engineers, 35:841-852
- Shah, D., Borys, D., Martinez, S.R., Li, C.S., Tamurian, R.M., Bold, R.J., Monjazeb, A., and Canter, R.J. (2012). Complete pathologic response to neoadjuvant radiotherapy is predictive of oncologic outcome in patients with soft tissue sarcoma. Anticancer Research, 32:3911-3916
- Dang, A.T., Cotton, S., Sankaran-Walters, S., Li, C.S., Lee, C.Y.M., Dandekar, S., Paster, B.J., and George, M.D. (2012). Evidence of an increased pathogenic footprint in the lingual microbiome of untreated HIV infected patients. BMC Microbiology, 12:153
- Li, C.S., Lin, T.C., Yang, X. (2012). Bayesian analysis of semiparametric zero-inflated Poisson regression models. Journal of Taiwan Intelligent Technologies and Applied Statistics, 10:1-16
- Chockk, B., Lin, T.C., Li, C.S., and Swislocki, A. (2012). Plasma testosterone is associated with Framingham risk score. Aging Male, 15:134-139
- Parsi, K.K., Brezinski, E.A., Lin, T.C., Li, C.S., and Armstrong, A.W. (2012). Are patients with psoriasis being screened for cardiovascular risk factors? A study of screening practices and awareness among primary care physicians and cardiologists. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 67:357-362
- Lee, S.M., Li, C.S., Hsieh, S.H., and Huang, L.H. (2012). Semiparametric estimation of logistic regression model with missing covariates and outcome. Metrika, 75:621-653
- Li, C.S. (2012). Testing for no effect via splines. Computational Statistics, 27:343-357
- Shindel, A.W., Rowen, T.S., Lin, T.C., Li, C.S., Robertson, P.A., and Breyer, B.N. (2012). An internet survey of demographic and health factors associated with risk of sexual dysfunction in women who have sex with women. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 9:1261-1271
- Li, C.S. (2012). Identifiability of zero-inflated Poisson models. Brazilian Journal of Probability and Statistics, 26:306–312
- Katzberg, R.W., Monsky, W.L., Prionas, N.D., Sidhar, V., Southard, J., Carlson, J., Boone, J.M., Lin, T.C., and Li, C.S. (2012). Persistent CT nephrograms following cardiac catheterization and intervention: initial observations. Insights Into Imaging, 3:49-60
- Kuo, J.H., Wong. M.S., Perez, R.V., Li, C.S., Lin, T.C., and Troppmann, C. (2012). Renal transplant wound complications in the modern era of obesity. Journal of Surgical Research, 173:216-223
- Maverakis, M., Li, C.S., Alikhan, A., Lin, T.C., Idriss, N., and Armstrong, A. (2012). The Affect of Academic “Misrepresentation” on Residency Match Outcomes. Dermatology Online Journal, 18,1
- Stein-Wexler, R., Bateni, C., Wootton-Gorges, S.L., and Li, C.S. (2011). Pediatric radiology fellows’ experience with intussusception reduction. Pediatric Radiology, 41, 1365-1368.
- Seyal, M., Pascual, F., Lee, C.Y.M., Li, C.S., and Bateman, L.M. (2011). Seizure-related cardiac repolarization abnormalities are associated with ictal hypoxemia. Epilepsia, 52, 2105-2111.
- Wilsey, B.L., Fishman, S.M., Gilson, A.M., Casamalhuapa, C., Baxi, H., Lin, T.C., and Li, C.S. (2011). An analysis of the number of multiple prescribers for opioids utilizing data from the California prescription monitoring program. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety, 20, 1262-1268.
- Zou, P., Helton, K.J., Smeltzer, M., Li, C.S., Conklin, H.M., Gajjar, A., Wang, W.C., Ware, R.E., and Ogg, R.J. (2011). Hemodynamic responses to visual stimulation in children with sickle cell anemia. Brain Imaging and Behavior, 5, 295-306.
- McGahan, J.P., Loh, S., Fitzgerald, E., Koppie, T., Evans, C.P., Dall'Era, M., and Li, C.S. (2011). Pretreatment imaging can be used to select imaging guidance, ultrasound alone versus CT plus ultrasound, for percutaneous renal radiofrequency ablation. American Journal of Roentgenology, 197, 1244-1250.
- Caldwell, J.G., Shaver, P.R., Li, C.S., and Minzenberg, M. J. (2011). Childhood maltreatment, adult attachment, and depression as predictors of parental self-efficacy in at-risk mothers. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment and Trauma, 20, 595-616
- Toy, E., Balasubramanian, S., Selmi, C.F., Li, C.S., and Bowlus, C.L. (2011). The prevalence, incidence and natural history of primary sclerosing cholangitis in an ethnically diverse population. BMC Gastroenterology, 11:83
- Li, C.S. (2011). A lack-of-fit test for parametric zero-inflated Poisson models. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 81, 1081-1098
- Hu, S.R., Li, C.S., and Lee, C.K. (2011). Assessing casualty risk of railroad-grade crossing crashes using zero-inflated Poisson models. Journal of Transportation Engineering, 137, 527-536
- Lo, E.Y., Li, C.S., and Van den Bogaerde, J.M. (2011). The effect of drill trajectory on proximity to the posterior interosseous nerve during cortical button distal biceps repair. Arthroscopy: the Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, 27, 1048-1054
- Ellis, C.L., Ma, Z.M., Mann, S.K., Li, C.S., Wu, J., Knight, T.H., Yotter, T., Hayes, T.L., Maniar, A.H., Troia-Cancio, P.V., Overman, H.A., Torok, N.J., Albanese, A., Rutledge, J.C., Miller, C.J., Pollard, R.B., and Asmuth, D.M. (2011). Molecular characterization of stool microbiota in HIV-infected subjects by panbacterial and order-level 16S ribosomal DNA (rDNA) quantification and correlations with immune activation. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 57,363-370
- Bateni, C., Stein-Wexler, R., Wootton-Gorges, S.L., and Li, C.S. (2011). Radiology residents’ experience with intussusception reduction. Pediatric Radiology, 41,721-726
- Chan, A.L., Juarez, M.M., Shelton, D.K., MacDonald, T., Li, C.S., Lin, T.C., and Albertson, T.E. (2011). Novel computed tomographic chest metrics to detect pulmonary hypertension. BMC Medical Imaging, 11:7
- Monsky, W.L., Garza, A.S., Kim, I., Loh, S., Lin, T.C., Li, C.S., Fisher, J., Sandhu, P., Sidhar, V., Chaudhari, A.J., Lin, F., Deutsch, L.S., and Badawi, R.D. (2011). Treatment planning and volumetric response assessment for yttrium-90 radioembolization: semiautomated determination of liver volume and volume of tumor necrosis in patients with hepatic malignancy. CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology, 34, 306-318
- Li, C.S. (2011). Testing the lack-of-fit of zero-inflated Poisson regression models. Communications in Statistics – Simulation and Computation, 40, 497-510
- Quan, Y., Vu, J., Yuk, J., Li, C.S., Chen, M., and Bowlus, C.L. (2011). Prevalence of hepatitis B surface antigen in US-born and foreign-born Asian/Pacific islander college students. Journal of American College Health, 59, 37-41
- Dias, Rl, Bateman, L.M., Farias, S.T., Li, C.S., Lin T.C., Jorgensen, J., and Seyal, M. (2010). Depression in epolipsy associated with lack of seizure control. Epilepsy & Behavior, 19, 445-447
- Cheung, A.T.W., Miller, J.W., Craig, S.M., To, P.L., Lin, X., Samarron, S., Chen, P.C.Y., Zwelding, T., Wun, T., Li, C.S. and Green, R. (2010). Comparison of real-time microvascular abnormalities in pediatric and adult sickle cell anemia patientss. American Journal of Hematology, 85, 899-901
- Bowlus, C.L., Li, C.S. Karlsen, T.H., Lie, B.A., and Selmi, C. (2010). Primary sclerosing cholangitis in African Americans listed for liver transplantation: Unique clinical characteristics and HLA associations. Liver Transplantation, 16, 1324-1330
- Wilsey, B.L., Fishman, S.M., Gilson, A.M., Casamalhuapa, C., Baxi, H., Zhang, H., and Li, C.S. (2010). Profiling multiple provider prescribing of opioids, benzodiazepines, stimulants, and anorectics. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 112, 99-106
- Monsky, W.L., Kim, I., Garza, A.S., Loh, S., Lin, T.C., Li, C.S., Fisher, J., Sandhu, P., Sidhar, V., Chaudhari, A.J., Lin, F., Deutsch, L.S., and Badawi, R.D. (2010). Treatment planning and volumetric response assessment for yitrium 90 radioembolization: semi-automated determination of liver volume and volume of tumor necrosis in patients with hepatic malignancy. CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology, 195, 1220 – 1230
- Eastman, J., Tseng, S., Lo, E., Li, C.S., Yoo, B., and Lee, M. (2010). Retropatellar technique for intramedullary nailing of proximal tibia fractures: a cadaveric assessment. Journal of Orthopaedic trauma, 24, 672-676
- Bateman, L.M., Li, C.S., Lin T.C., and Seyal, M. (2010). Serotonin reuptake inhibitors are associated with reduced severity of ictal hypoxemia in medically refractory partial epilepsy. Epilepsia, 51, 2211-2214
- Canter, R.J., Martinez, S.R., Tamurian, R.M., Wilton, M., Li, C.S., Ryu, J., Mak, W., Monsky, W., and Borys, D. (2010). Radiographic and histologic response to neoadjuvant Radiotherapy in patients with soft tissue sarcoma. Annals of Surgical Oncology, 17, 2578-2584
- Hu, S.R., Li, C.S., and Lee, C.K. (2010). Investigation of key factors for accident severity at railroad grade crossings by using a logit model. Safety Science, 48, 186–194.
- Li, C.S. (2010). A lack-of-fit test for parametric zero-inflated Poisson models. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 39, 475-486
- McCarville, M.B., Hillenbrand, C.M., Loeffler, R.B., Smeltzer, M.P., Song, R., Li, C.S., Hankins, J.S. (2010). Comparison of whole liver and small region-of-interest measurements of MRI liver R2* in children with iron overload. Pediatric Radiology, 40, 1360-1367.
- Seyal, M., Bateman, L.M., Albertson, T.E., Lin, T.C. and Li, C.S. (2010). Respiratory changes with seizures in localization-related epilepsy: Analysis of peri-ictal hypercapnia and airflow patterns. Epilepsia, 51, 1359-1364.
- McGahan, J.P., Loh, S., Boschini, F., Paoli, E., Brock, J., Monsky, W., and Li, C.S. (2010). Maximizing parameters for tissue ablation by using an internally cooled electrode. Radiology, 256, 397-405.
- Loh, S., Bagheri, S., Katzberg, R., Fung, M.A., and Li, C.S. (2010). Delayed adverse reaction to contrast-enhanced CT: a prospective single-center study comparison to control group without enhancement. Radiology, 255, 764-771.
- Chapman, A.L.P., Morrissey, B.M., Vasu, V.T., Juarez, M.M., Houghton, J.S., Li, C.S., Cross, C.E., and Eiserich, J.P. (2010).Myeloperoxidase-dependent oxidative metabolism of nitric oxide in the cystic fibrosis airway. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, 9, 84-92.
- Li, C.S. and Hunt, D.L. (2009). A linear B-spline threshold dose-response model with dose-specific response variation applied to developmental toxicity studies. JMASM, 8(2), 571-582
- Li, C.S. (2009). Using P-splines to test the linearity of partially linear models. Statistical Methodology, 6, 542-552.
- Monsky, W.L., Pahwa, A., Li, C.S., and Katzberg, R. (2009). Clinical factors associated with dense and wedge-shaped nephrograms detected 24 h after chemoembolization. CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology, 32, 1193–1201.
- Wilsey, B.L., Fishman, S., Li, C.S., Storment, J., and Albanese, A. (2009). Marker of abuse liability of short- vs long-acting opioids in chronic pain patients: a randomized cross-over trial. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior. 94, 98-107.
- Karplus, G., McCarville, M.B., Smeltzer, M.P., Spyridis, G., Rao, B.N., Davidoff, A., Li, C.S., and Shochat, S. (2009). Should contralateral exploratory thoracotomy be advocated for children with osteosarcoma and unilateral pulmonary metastases? Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 44, 665-671.
- Hankins, J.S., McCarville, M.B., Loeffler, R.B., Smeltzer, M.M., Onciu, M., Hoffer, F.A., Li, C.S., Wang, W.C., Ware, R.E., and Hillenbrand, C.M. (2009). R2* magnetic resonance imaging of the liver in patients with iron overload. Blood, 113, 4453-4455.
- McCarville, M.B., Monu, N., Smeltzer, M.P., Li, C.S., Laningham, F.H., Morris, E.B., and Shulkin, B.L. (2009). PET-CT of the normal spinal cord in children. Academic Radiology, 16, 881-885.
- Cheung, A.T.W., Tomic, M.M.S., Chen, P.C.Y., Miguelino, E., Li, C.S., and Devaraj, S. (2009). Correlation of microvascular abnormalities and endothelial dysfunction in type-1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM): a real-time intravital microscopy study. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation, 42, 285-295.
- Smith, M.M., Chen, P.C.Y., Li, C.S., Ramanujam, S. and Cheung, A.T.W. (2009). Whole blood viscosity and microvascular abnormalities in Alzheimer's disease. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation, 41, 229-239
- Helton, K.J., Paydar, A., Glass, J., Weirich, E.M., Hankins, J., Li, C.S., Smeltzer, M., Wang, W.C., Ware, R.E., and Ogg, R.J. (2009). Arterial spin-labeled perfusion combined with segmentation techniques to evaluate cerebral blood flow in white and gray matter of children with sickle cell anemia. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 52, 85-91
- Bateman, L.M., Li, C.S., and Seyal, M. (2008). Ictal hypoxemia in localization-related epilepsy: analysis of incidence, severity and risk factors. Brain, 131, 3239-3245
- Morris, E.B., Shelso, J., Smeltzer, M., Thomas, N.A., Karimove, E.J., Li, C.S., Merchant, T., Gajjar, A., and Kaste, S.C. (2008). The use of bone age for bone mineral density interpretation in a cohort of pediatric brain tumor patients. Pediatric Radiology, 38, 1285-1292
- McCarville, M.B., Whittle, S., Goodin, G., Li, C.S., Smeltzer, M., Hale, G., and Kaufman, R. (2008). Clinical and CT features of benign pneumatosis intestinalis in pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplant and oncology patients. Pediatric Radiology, 38, 1074-1083
- Hankins, J., Forner, G., McCarville, B., Smeltzer, M., Wang, W., Li, C.S., and Ware, R. (2008). The natural history of conditional transcranial Doppler flow velocities in children with sickle cell anemia. British Journal of Hematology, 142, 94-99
- Lim, Y., Vasu, V.T., Valacchi, G., Leonard, S., Aung, H.H., Schock, B.C., Kenyon, N.J., Li, C.S., Traber, M.G., and Cross, C.E. (2008). Severe vitamin E deficiency modulates airway allergic inflammatory responses in the murine asthma model. Free Radical Research, 42, 387-396
- Hankins, J.S., Wynn, L.W., Brugnara, C., Hillery, C., Li, C.S., and Wang, W.C. (2008). Phase I study of magnesium pidolate in combination with Hydroxyurea for children with sickle cell anemia. British Journal of Haematology, 140(1), 80-85.
- Burton, A.R., Vincent, E., Lennon, G.P., Smeltzer, M., Li, C.S., Haskins, K., Hutton, J., Tisch, R.M., Sercarz, E.E., Santanmaria, P., Workman, C.J., and Vignali, D.A.A. (2008). On the pathogenicity of autoantigen-specific T cell receptors. Diabetes, 57, 1321-1330
- Helton, K.J., Weeks, J.K., Phillips, N.S., Zou, P., Kun, L.E., Khan, R.B., Gajjar, A.J., Fouladi, M., Broniscer, A., Boop, F., Li, C.S., and Ogg, R.J. (2008). Diffusion tensor imaging of brainstem tumors: axonal degeneration of motor and sensory tracts. Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics, 1, 270-276
- Martin, M.B., Li, C.S., Rowland, C.C., Howard, S.C., and Kaste, S.C. (2008). Correlation of bone age, dental age, and chronological age in survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, 18, 217-223
- McCarville, M.B., Goodin, G.S., Fortner, G., Li, C.S., Smeltzer, M.P., Adams, R., and Wang, W. (2008). Evaluation of a comprehensive transcranial Doppler screening program for children with sickle cell anemia. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 50, 818-821
- Eubank, R. and Li, C.S. (2008). A diagnostic test for parallelism. International Journal of Statistical Sciences, 7, 13-29.
- Hunt, D.L., Rai, S.N., and Li, C.S. (2008). Summary of dose-response modeling for developmental toxicity studies. Dose-Response, 6, 352-368.
- Hankins, J., Helton, K., McCarville, B., Li, C.S., Wang, W., and Ware, R.E. (2008). Preservation of spleen and brain functions in children with sickle cell anemia treated with hydroxyurea. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 50(2), 293-297.
- Hankins, J., Hinds, P., Day, S., Carroll, Y., Li, C.S., Garvie, P., and Wang, W. (2007). Therapy preference and decision-making among patients with severe sickle cell anemia and their families. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 48, 705-710.
- Li, C.S. and Tu, W. (2007). A spline-based lack-of-fit test for independent variable effect in Poisson regression. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Method, 6,239-247.
- Anghelescu, D.L., Burgoyne, L.L., Liu, T., Li, C.S., Pui, C.H., Hudson, M.M., Furman, W.L., and Sandlund, J.T. (2007). Clinical and diagnostic imaging findings predict anesthetic complications in children presenting with malignant mediastinal masses. Pediatric Anesthesia, 17(11), 1090–1098.
- Lyle, C.E., Wilson, M.W, Li, C.S., and Kaste, S.C. (2007). Comparison of orbital volumes in enucleated patients with unilateral retinoblastoma: hydroxyapatite implants versus silicone implants. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 23(5), 393-396.
- Funk, A.J., Mandrell, T., Lokey, SJ, Kosanke, S., Li CS, and Potter, C.F. (2007).Effects of leukotriene receptor antagonism on pulmonary morphology in rat pup lungs exposed to hyperoxia. Comparative Medicine,57(2), 186-192.
- Glass, J.O., Reddick, W.E., Li, C.S., Laningham, F.H., Helton, K.J., and Pui, C.H. (2006). Computer-aided detection of therapy-induced leukoencephalopathy in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients treated with intravenous high-dose methotrexate. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 24, 785-791.
- McCarville, M.B., Streck, C., Dickson, P.V., Li, C.S., Nathwani, A.C., and Davidoff, A.M. (2006). Angiogenesis Inhibitors in a Murine Neuroblastoma Model: Quantitative Assessment of Intratumoral Blood Flow with Contrast-enhanced Gray-Scale US. Radiology, 240, 73-81.
- McCarville, M.B., Lederman, H.M., Santana, V.M., Daw, N.C., Shochat, S., and Li, C.S., and Kaufman, RA. (2006). Distinguishing benign from malignant pulmonary nodules with helical chest CT in children with malignant solid tumors. Radiology, 239, 514-520.
- Helton, K.J., Phillips, N.S., Khan, R.B., Boop, F.A., Sanford, R.A., Zou, P., Li, C.S., Langston, J.W., and Ogg, R.J. (2006). Diffusion tensor imaging of tract involvement in children with pontine tumors. American Journal of Neuroradiology, 27,786-793.
- Metzger, M.L., Hudson, M.M., Somes, G., Shorr, R., Li, C.S., Krasin, M.J., Shelso, J., Pui, C.H., and Howard, S.C. (2006). White race as a risk factor for hypothyroidism after treatment for pediatric Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 24, 1516-1521.
- Hunt, D. and Li, C.S. (2006). A regression spline model for developmental data. Toxicological Sciences, 92, 329-334.
- Shan, Z.Y., Liu, J.Z., Glass, J.O., Gajjar, A., Li, C.S., and Reddick, W.E. (2006). Quantitative morphologic evaluation of white matter in survivors of childhood medulloblastoma. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 24, 1015-1022.
- Metzger, M.L., Howard, S.C., Hudson, M.M., Gow, K.W., Li, C.S., Krasin, M.J., Merchant, T., Kun, L., Shelso, J., Pui, C.H., Shochat, S.J., McCarville, M.B. (2006). Natural history of thyroid nodules in survivors of pediatric Hodgkin lymphoma. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 46, 314-319.
- Reddick, W.E., Glass, J.O., Helton, K.J., Langston, J.W., Li, C.S., and Pui, C.H. (2005). A quantitative MR imaging assessment of leukoencephalopathy in children treated for acute lymphoblastic leukemia without irradiation. American Journal of Neuroradiology, 26, 2371-2377.
- Zou, P., Hutchins, S., Dutzkiewicz, R., Li, C.S., and Ogg, R.J. (2005). Effects of EPI readout bandwidth on measured activation map and BOLD response in fMRI experiments. NeuroImage, 27, 15-25.
- Ahn, H., Li, C.S., and Wang, W. (2005). Sickle cell hepatopathy: clinical presentation, treatment and outcome in pediatric and adult patients. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 45, 184-190.
- Hankins, J., Jeng, M., Harris, S., Li, C.S., Liu, T., and Wang, W. (2005). Chronic transfusion therapy for children with sickle cell disease and recurrent acute chest syndrome. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 27,158-161.
- Zou, P., Mulhern, R.K., Butler, R.W., Li, C.S., Langston, J.W., and Ogg, R.J. (2005). Hemodynamic responses to visual stimulation in survivors of childhood cancer. NeuroImage, 24, 61-69.
- Li, C.S. (2005). Using local linear kernel smoothers to test the lack of fit of nonlinear regression models. Statistical Methodology, 2, 267-284.
- Li, C.S. (2005). Testing lack of fit for heteroscedastic nonlinear regression models via locally weighted least squares regression. Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics, 16, 29-54.
- Eubank, R.L., Li, C.S., and Wang, S. (2005). Testing lack-of-fit of parametric regression models using nonparametric regression techniques. Statistica Sinica, 15,135-152.
- Jeng, M.R., Naidu, P.E., Rieman, M.D., Kelly, P., Rodriguez-Galindo, C., Li, C.S., Thornton, D., Nottage, K., and Wang, W.C. (2005) Granulocyte-Macrophage colony stimulating factor and immunosuppression in the treatment of pediatric aquired severe aplastic anemia. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 24, 1-6.
- Williams, R., Olivi, S, Li, C.S., Storm, M., Cremer, L., Mackert, P., and Wang, W. (2004). Oral glutamine supplementation decreases resting energy expenditure in children and adolescents with sickle cell anemia. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 26, 619-625.
- Rodriguez, C.A., Atkinson, R., Bitar, W., Whitney, C.G., Edwards, K.M., Mitchell, L., Li, J., Sublett, J., Li, C.S., Liu, T., Chesney, P.J., and Tuomanen, E.I. (2004). Tolerance to vancomycin in pneumococci: Detection with a molecular marker and assessment of clinical impact. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 190, 1481-1487.
- Li, C.S. and Cheng, C. (2004). Stable classification with applications to microarray data. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, 47, 599-609.
- Li, C.S. andHunt, D. (2004). Regression splines for threshold selection with application to a random-effects logistic dose-response model. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, 46,1-9.
- Jeng, M.R., Adams-Graves, P., Howard, T.A., Whorton, M., Li, C.S., and Ware, R.E. (2003). Identification of hemochromatosis gene polymorphisms in chronically transfused patients with sickle cell disease. American Journal of Hematology, 74, 243-248.
- Li, C.S., Liang, H., Hsieh, Y.H., and Twu, S.J. (2003). Comparison of viral trajectories in AIDS studies by using nonparametric mixed-effects models. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Method, 2(2), 443-450.
- Li, C.S. (2003). A lack-of-fit test for heteroscedastic regression models via cosine-series smoothers. The Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistic, 45(4), 477-489.
- McSorley, E.O., Lu, J.C., and Li, C.S. (2002). Performance of parameter-estimates in step-stress accelerated life-tests with various sample-sizes. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 51(3), 271-277.
- Li, C.S. and Taylor, J.M.G. (2002). A semiparametric accelerated failure time cure model. Stat Med, 21, 3235-3247.
- Li, C.S. and Taylor, J.M.G. (2002). Smoothing covariate effects in cure models. Communications in Statistics, 31(3), 477-493.
- Li, C.S., Taylor, J.M.G., and Sy, J.P. (2001). Identifiability of cure models. Statistics & Probability Letters, 54(4), 389-395.
- Li, C.S. (2001). Testing for linearity in generalized linear models using kernel smoothing. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 69(4), 339-351.
- Chen, D., Li, C.S., Lu, J.C., and Park, J. (2000). Parameter estimation for bivariate shock models with censored data. Aust N Z J Stat, 42, 323-336.
- Li, C.S. (1999).Testing lack of fit of regression models under heteroscedasticity. Can J Stat, 27, 485-496.
- Li, C.S., Lu, J.C., Park, J., Kim, K., Brinkley, P.A., and Peterson, J.P. (1999). Multivariate zero-inflated Poisson models and their applications. Technometrics, 41, 29-38.
- Chen, D., Lu, J.C., Hughes-Oliver, J.M., and Li, C.S. (1998). Asymptotic properties of maximum likelihood estimates for a bivariate exponential distribution and mixed censored data. Metrika, 48,109-125.
- Torruellas, C., Colette C. Rossaro, C.C., Li, C.S., and Rossaro, L. (2011). The use of telemedicine for the management of hepatitis C & the California telehealth network. Chapter 13: 245-254. Advances in Telemedicine: Applications in Various Medical Disciplines and Geographical Regions edited by: Georgi Graschew, ISBN: 978-953-307-161-9, Publisher: InTech, Publishing date: March 2011,
- Nguyen, D.V., Senturk, D., Harvey, D.J., and Li, C.S. (2009). Sample size calculation and power in genomics studies. Chapter 1. Computational Biology: New Research, Russe, A. S. (ed), Nova Science Publishers, New York.
- Li, C.S. (2007). Nonparametric regression techniques in survival analysis. A contributed book volume on Quantitative Medical Data Analysis Using Mathematical Tools and Statistical Techniques, Eds. D. Hong & Y. Shyr, World Scientific Publishing Company PTE LTD, Singapore.
- Li, C.S. (2004) Failure-time model. Encyclopedia of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, Marcel Dekker, Inc.